Best ever low carb-onara
- 250g pork mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- himalayan salt and black pepper
- 400g streaky bacon, chopped
- 800g courgette noodles (zoodles)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- garnish with flatleaf parsley, chopped
1. Mix together the pork mince, garlic and thyme in a bowl and season well. Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls and refrigerate until needed.
2. Place the bacon in a dry frying pan and cook over medium heat until all the fat has rendered and the bacon has crisped up. Remove the bacon from the pan, retaining the fat; set aside.
3. Fry the meatballs in the same pan until golden and cooked through, then remove from pan and set aside.
4. Now add the zoodles and garlic to the pan, sauté for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Whisk the cream, egg yolks and half of the parmesan together and add to the pan with the zoodles, placing the pan over low to medium heat. Add the meatballs and half the bacon to the pan and stir continuously until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are heated through.
5. To serve: Season and serve warm, topped with remaining bacon and cheese, and garnished with parsley.
- Serves 4