Warm Chocolate Custard Pudding
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, dissolved in a little warm water
- 100g (chopped) 80% dark chocolate
- pinch stevia powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- melted chocolate, pomegranate rubies and toasted hazelnuts, to serve
1. Warm the coconut cream, cocoa mixture, chocolate and stevia in a pot, stirring until the chocolate has melted. Increase the heat and bring to just below boiling point.
2. Whisk the eggs and egg yolks in a bowl with the vanilla until pale and creamy. Slowly add the warm chocolate mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
3. Return the mixture to the pot, add the dissolved arrowroot and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
4. To serve: Divide the warm pudding between 4 dishes and serve with the suggested toppings.
Tip: Arrowroot seems like an exotic ingredient but it’s important to use in this recipe because it acts as the thickening agent. It is readily available at most health stores.
- SERVES 4