Spinach & Courgette Quesadillas
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 200g chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups grated courgette
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60g coconut flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- himalayan salt and black pepper
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 100g coriander pesto
- 100g ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped tomato and herbs, to serve
1. For the quesadillas: Heat the ghee in a pot, add the spinach and sauté until soft, remove set aside. Toss in the courgettes and garlic and cook until softened. Place in a blender and blitz until combined, add the coconut flour and psyllium husks and blitz for another minute until it comes together. Season and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 8 balls and dust a surface with coconut flour. Roll each ball into a round and trim around a 20cm side plate to form a perfect round.
3. Melt a little coconut oil in a pan and fry each round for about 2 minutes on each side until golden.
4. To assemble: Spread one of the courgette rounds with pesto, then top with some of the spring onion, red pepper, ricotta and cheddar cheese, then top with another round.
5. Return to the pan and cook each quesadilla for 2 minutes, pressing down with a spatula until the cheese melts. Flip again and cook the other side for a further 2 minutes.
6. Repeat until you have 4 filled, cooked quesadillas.
7. To serve: Cut into quarters and serve with chopped baby tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Serves 4