For more delicious recipes buy Volume 1 here
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp red wine vinegar|
|4 garlic cloves|
|70g parmesan cheese|
|juice of 1 lemon|
- For the dressing: Chop shallot and combine with olive oil and vinegar and mix well.
- To cook the artichokes: Place stock and garlic cloves into a medium pot. Add three cups of water and bring to the boil. Add the artichokes to the cooking liquid (two at a time) and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove and drain, and cook the remaining artichokes in two more batches.
- Spoon duck fat into a pan to a depth of 1.5cm. Heat over medium to medium-low heat and add the artichokes. Cook very gently (turning once only) for 10 minutes or until the artichokes are tender and golden in places.
- Remove the artichoke hearts from the duck fat and drain briefly on a plate lined with paper towel. Slice artichokes in half.
- To serve: Drizzle fresh lemon juice over artichokes and sprinkle with Himalayan salt. Arrange on a platter with rocket, shaved Parmesan (if using) and chopped chives.