Aubergine Parmesan Chips with Creamy Pesto-Style Dip
Note: you can also use duck fat for frying if your prefer.
|2 large aubergines|
|2 egg whites|
|1 cup parmesan cheese|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|120g red pepper pesto|
|1 tsp xylitol|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|garnish, fresh herbs|
- Slice the the aubergine in fine discs.
- Sprinkle sliced aubergine with coarse salt and place in a colander for 30 minutes. Brush salt off, rinse the aubergine and pat dry.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Chop the parsley then, place the Parmesan in a separate bowl, season and mix in the chopped parsley.
- Heat the oil or fat, dip the aubergine in the egg white then the Parmesan. Place in the oil or fat and fry until golden and crispy, drain on paper towel.
- For the dip: Mix the pesto with the sour cream and xylitol, season and drizzle with olive oil.
- To serve: Serve the chips with the dip and fresh herbs.