Baked Kale Balls In Tomato Sauce
|50g kale, finely chopped|
|200g courgettes, finely chopped|
|1 small red onion, finely chopped|
|3 tbsp golden flaxseed meal|
|3 tbsp coconut flour|
|70g (40g for the balls, 30g for the sauce) parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 egg, beaten|
|himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste|
|coconut oil, for frying|
|FOR THE SAUCE|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 cups homemade tomato passata|
|to garnish fresh rosemary sprigs|
|basil pesto, to serve|
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- For the balls: Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add the kale and courgettes and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, then place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients for the balls (chopped red onion, golden flaxseed meal, coconut flour 40g parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper) and stir well to combine.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, heat the coconut oil in a pan over very low heat, and fry the balls until golden. Remove and set aside.
- For the sauce: Combine the garlic, passata and oregano, pour into an ovenproof pot, add the kale balls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is golden.
- To serve: Garnish with rosemary and serve with basil pesto.