Bay leaf & parsley chicken
|5g, chopped (for the stuffing), 10g, chopped (for the sauce) flat leaf parsley|
|35g, roughly chopped tomaraisins|
|1 tbsp butter|
|1/4 cup, grated parmesan cheese|
|1 small, finely chopped onion|
|1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp grain mustard|
|2 cups chicken stock (homemade)|
|1 cup white wine|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|3 bay leaves|
- For the stuffing: Mix together all the ingredients and season well. Cut a small opening in the thickest part of each chicken breast, insert your knife and cut out a large hollow pocket in the breast. Push the stuffing into the hollow pocket and secure with a toothpick.
- For the chicken breasts: Heat a frying pan, add butter and oil and allow to melt. Add chicken breasts skin side down and allow to brown. Turn and repeat on the other side. Place the lid on the pan and allow chicken to cook for 4–5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Clean the pan.
- For the sauce: Add the butter to the pan, toss in the onion and cook until translucent. Add the mustard, wine and stock and simmer for 4–5 minutes. Return chicken breasts to pan, bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10–12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the lid, stir in the cream and bay leaves and simmer very gently for a further 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and season well.
- To serve: Divide chicken among 4 plates and serve with mashed steamed vegetables.
- Note: Tomaraisins are available at Woolworths