Brussels sprout, roast pumpkin & fennel salad with a creamy dressing
|300g pumpkin cut into medium size cubes|
|fresh rosemary sprigs|
|1 tbsp coconut oil|
|himalayan salt and black pepper|
|1/2 cup double cream yoghurt|
|1/4 cup buttermilk|
|1 crushed garlic clove|
|fresh lemon juice|
|5g coriander, chopped|
|5g chives, chopped|
|300g brussels sprouts|
|2 tsp xylitol|
|50g toasted pecan nuts|
|2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced|
|100g bacon, cooked and chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray, dot with coconut oil and sprigs of rosemary, season well. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool.
- For the dressing: Place 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup double cream yogurt, 1 clove garlic crush, 5g coriander chopped, 5g chives chopped, 2 tsp xylitol, squeeze of fresh lemon juice in a blender and blitz to combine, season.
- Place 300g brussels sprouts shredded, 2 fennel bulbs finely sliced, 50g pecan nuts toasted, 100g bacon cooked and chopped and himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper in a bowl with the pumpkin. Pour over the dressing and toss together.
- Place the salad in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- To serve: Serve at room temperature For more delicious recipes from this Volume, get your copy here!