Cauliflower and Caraway Soup with Coriander Oil
- For more delicious recipes buy Volume 2 here
|2 onions, chopped|
|3 large leeks|
|2 tbsp butter|
|2 celery sticks|
|1 tsp caraway seeds|
|1L chicken stock (homemade)|
|2 large heads cauliflower|
|2 garlic clove|
|1/2 fresh lemon juice|
|30g fresh coriander|
|2 tbsp water|
|1 tbsp and 1/3 cup macadamia nut oil|
- Start by cleaning your leeks and chopping them, along with the celery. Heat the butter and 1 tbsp macadamia nut oil in a large pot and sweat onions, leeks and celery until translucent.
- Add caraway seeds and season with salt and black pepper. Break your cauliflower heads into florets and add to the pot. Sauté for 2 minutes. Cover with chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until soft. Purée until smooth.
- To make the oil: Chop your coriander and place in a blender, along with the garlic and lemon juice, and process. With the motor running, slowly pour the macadamia nut oil through the funnel, then add water.
- To serve: Reheat soup, ladle into bowls and drizzle with the coriander oil.