|3 chicken drumsticks|
|2 crushed garlic clove|
|3 chicken wings|
|2 tbsp duck fat|
|big pinch of saffron|
|1 cup chicken stock (homemade)|
|1 sliced red pepper|
|1 head cauliflower|
|1 finely chopped onion|
|2 bay leaves|
|3 large red tomatoes|
|to serve homemade mayonnaise|
|500g mussels in their shells, cleaned|
- Heat a griddle pan and chargrill chicken pieces until dark golden and cooked through
- Heat a large frying pan or paella pan, add duck fat and toss in garlic, onion and pepper and sauté until golden. Blitz the cauliflower into rice and add to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the saffron, stock, bay leaf and sliced tomato, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes to reduce. Season.
- Add the chicken pieces and mussels to the pan, cover with a lid or foil and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Remove lid and stir in the thyme.
- To serve: Divide between 4 serving plates and serve with mayonnaise.
- For more delicious recipes buy from Volume 6 get your copy here!