|4 stalks celery|
|2 bay leaves|
|1.2 whole chicken|
|1 tsp black peppercorns|
|30g flat-leaf parsley|
- Quarter the onions and roughly chop the celery. Place all the ingredients in a deep pot and cover with 3L cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
- Line a sieve with muslin cloth and strain stock into a large bowl. Remove the chicken and set aside. Allow chicken and stock to cool.
- Squeeze all the liquid from the vegetables by twisting the cloth. Refrigerate stock and use within 2 days, or freeze.
- Tip: Shred the chicken and use the meat in salads or banting quiches or pies.