Crumbed Chicken, Blue Cheese and Spinach Salad
|1 cup buttermilk|
|4 chicken breast fillets|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1 cup coconut oil|
|1 cup desiccated coconut|
|juice of 1/2 a lemon|
|1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp dijon mustard|
|1 tsp xyitol|
|80g blue cheese|
|150g fine French beans|
|80 baby spinach|
- Cut the chicken into strips and place in a bowl, add the buttermilk and coat well to combine, cover and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Scrape off most of the buttermilk and season the chicken strips well
- Beat the eggs and place them in one bowl and the coconut in another, toss the chicken strips first in the egg and then in the coconut to cover. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the chicken strips and cook until golden on both sides and cooked through. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- For the dressing: Place the lemon juice and xylitol in a jug, whisk together, add the mustard. Slowly add the olive oil, season well.
- For the salad: Peel and slice the avocado, crumble the blue cheese into chunks and blanch the French beans. Toss together the avocado, blue cheese, French beans and spinach leaves, add the chicken strips and pour over the dressing, toss well to combine.
- To serve: Plate the salad and serve with extra dressing
- 'For more delicious recipes buy Volume 4 here