Curried Spinach, Fennel and Coriander Soup with Yoghurt
|2 onions, sliced into rings|
|2 garlic cloves|
|2 tbsp ghee|
|1 large fennel|
|2 tsp curry powder|
|1 x 5cm knob of ginger|
|2 tsp garam masala|
|250g baby spinach|
|15g coriander leaves|
|3 cups vegetable stock (homemade)|
|1 x 165ml can coconut milk|
|1/2 cup double cream yoghurt|
|1 green chilli|
|2 red salad onions, finely sliced|
|small handful curry leaves|
- Heat the ghee in a large pot, finely slice your onion and fennel, crush the garlic and grate the ginger and toss into the pot, sautéing until translucent.
- Add the curry powder, garam masala and a handful of curry leaves and sauté for another minute. Add the spinach and coriander leaves and cook until just wilted.
- Pour in the vegetable stock (can sub for chicken) and coconut milk or cream, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- To serve: Ladle into 4 bowls and chop the chilli, red onion and coriander. Garnish with dollops of yoghurt and sprinkle red onion, chilli and coriander over the top.
- For more delicious recipes buy Volume 7 here