|4 large egg whites|
|pinch of salt|
|130g desiccated coconut|
|2 tbsp cocoa powder|
|1 tsp ground ginger|
|50g finely chopped almonds|
|500g low-carb vanilla ice-cream (or flavour of your choice)|
- For the biscuits: Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form, then add the xylitol and salt and whisk until firm.
- Add the coconut, cocoa powder, ginger and almonds, and stir to combine. Place 20 dollops of the mixture onto a lined baking tray and flatten each dollop with the back of a spoon to form a disc.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To assemble: Place 10 biscuits on a surface, top each with a scoop of ice cream, then another biscuit and gently press down to sandwich together.
- To serve: Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.