LOSE IT’s Chicken Liver Pâté
|500g chicken livers|
|2 finely chopped garlic cloves|
|3 tbsp ghee|
|2 tbsp brandy|
|1 finely chopped shallot|
|blueberries To garnish, fresh|
|5g finely chopped flat-leaf parsley|
|1/2 cup cream|
|50g melted butter|
- Place the chicken livers in a bowl, add the brandy and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the garlic and shallot, and cook slowly until golden. Remove vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Put the chicken livers and brandy in the pan, cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the chicken livers, pan juices, garlic and shallot mixture, cream and parsley in a blender, blitz to combine, then blend until very smooth. Season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into moulds, pour melted butter over the top and refrigerate for 2–3 hours before serving.
- To serve: Garnish with fresh blueberries and serve with banting bread or crackers.