Nutty Courgette Loaf
For more delicious recipes buy Volume 4 here
|5 beaten eggs|
|1/2 lemon zest and juice|
|1/2 cup melted coconut oil|
|1/2 tsp Himalayan salt|
|1 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|3/4 cup pumpkin seeds|
|1 crushed garlic clove|
|2 1/2 cups grated courgette|
|50g desiccated coconut|
|80g feta cheese, crumbled|
|1/2 cup sunflower seeds|
|50g toasted pecan nuts|
|1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a 1L capacity loaf tin.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- For the topping: In a separate bowl, mix together topping ingredients: 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, 15g pecan nuts and 20g crumbled feta cheese.
- Spoon the loaf mixture into the prepared tin, sprinkle with the topping and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool, then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
- To serve: Slice and serve spread with butter or cream cheese.