Parmesan-crusted pork chops and winter slaw
|2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tsp dried rosemary|
|himalayan salt and black pepper|
|8 loin pork chops|
|100g finely grated parmesan cheese|
|1 finely shredded baby red cabbage|
|1 finely shredded baby green cabbages|
|1 small carrot|
|50g toasted chopped pecan nuts|
|1/2 fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp xylitol|
|1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise|
|2 tbsp sour cream|
|garnish with micro herbs|
|1/2 cup (for the chops) + 1 tsp (for the slaw) dijon mustard|
- For the chops: Combine 1/2 cup of mustard, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary and seasoning in a bowl and lightly brush this mixture over the chops. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little extra oil in a nonstick pan and fry the chops on both sides, turning occasionally, until deep golden-brown and cooked through.
- Preheat the oven grill.
- Arrange the browned chops on a roasting tray lined with foil and sprinkle generously with parmesan. Grill the chops until the cheese has melted and turned crisp and golden.
- For the slaw: Toss the cabbage, carrot, 1 tsp dijon mustard, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp xylitol, 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise, 50g toasted pecan nuts and 2 tbsp sour cream together and season well with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Serve pork chops with slaw, garnished with herbs.