Roast leg of lamb
|2kg leg of lamb|
|2 preserved lemon wedge|
|1 tbsp dried rosemary|
|5g fresh parsley|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 cup Greek style yoghurt|
|3 red onions|
|2 garlic heads|
|2 cups chicken stock (homemade)|
- Place the lamb in a roasting tray; allow to come to room temperature. Season well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the topping: Blitz together the preserved lemon (skin only, pith removed), 3 garlic cloves, rosemary, parsley and olive oil, add the yoghurt and blitz for another couple seconds.
- Rub this mixture all over the lamb. Place the halved onions, halved garlic heads and stock around the lamb and roast for 2½ hours.
- To serve: Slice the lamb and serve with fresh herbs, vine tomatoes and roasted garlic.