Sausage and bacon bake with sautéed spinach
Pork sausages can be tricky — make sure they’re sugar and chemical free
For more delicious recipes buy Volume 1 here
|8 pork sausages|
|8 rashers, streaky bacon|
|2 red onion|
|15 sage leaves|
|2 tbsp duck fat|
|1 cup white wine|
|2 tbsp butter|
|150g baby spinach|
|freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 220oC.
- Slice onions into eighths. Wrap each sausage with a rasher of bacon. Place in a roasting tin with the onions and sage leaves; spoon over the duck fat, especially over the onions.
- Roast for 30–40 minutes on the middle rack, turning once until the sausages are browned and cooked through.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and reduce until thickened.
- Heat the butter in a pan; add the spinach and sauté until just wilted; season well.
- To serve: Serve sausages drizzled with gravy, and with sautéed spinach on the side.