Spinach & Courgette Quesadillas
|2 cups grated courgette|
|200g chopped baby spinach|
|1 garlic clove, crushed|
|60g coconut flour|
|1/4 cup psyllium husks|
|2 red peppers|
|himalayan salt and black pepper|
|3 spring onions, finely sliced|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|100g coriander pesto|
|100g ricotta cheese, crumbled|
|100g cheddar cheese, grated|
|chopped tomato and herbs, to serve|
- For the quesadillas: Heat the ghee in a pot, add the spinach and sauté until soft, remove set aside. Toss in the courgettes and garlic and cook until softened. Place in a blender and blitz until combined, add the coconut flour and psyllium husks and blitz for another minute until it comes together. Season and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and dust a surface with coconut flour. Roll each ball into a round and trim around a 20cm side plate to form a perfect round.
- Melt a little coconut oil in a pan and fry each round for about 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- To assemble: Spread one of the courgette rounds with pesto, then top with some of the spring onion, red pepper, ricotta and cheddar cheese, then top with another round.
- Return to the pan and cook each quesadilla for 2 minutes, pressing down with a spatula until the cheese melts. Flip again and cook the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Repeat until you have 4 filled, cooked quesadillas.
- To serve: Cut into quarters and serve with chopped baby tomatoes and fresh herbs.