Steamed Chocolate Custards
For more delicious recipes, buy Volume 8 here.
|50g xylitol (ingredient)|
|1x400g tin coconut milk (ingredient)|
|50g, chopped 80% dark chocolate|
|1 tbsp (dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water) cocoa powder|
|2 whole eggs|
|2 egg yolks|
|whip cream, for serving|
- Heat the coconut milk, cocoa mixture and xylitol together in a pot, stirring until the xylitol has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Cool slightly.
- In a jug, whisk together the egg yolks and whole eggs, then whisk this mixture into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture.
- Place a bamboo steamer over a pot of water. Pour the chocolate mixture into 4 ramekins and place in the steamer. Cover the steamer with a lid, and bring the pot of water to a simmer.
- Steam custards for 10 minutes, then turn off heat and leave puddings to steam in the steamer for a further 20–25 minutes until just set in the middle.
- To serve: Carefully remove custards and serve warm dusted with cocoa powder, with a dollop of cream on top.