Stuffed Baked Onions
|8, peeled red onions|
|1 tbsp, melted ghee|
|50g, crumbled blue cheese|
|50g, chopped almonds|
|100g crème fraiche|
|10g, chopped fresh parsley|
|to garnish, fresh thyme|
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Brush a roasting dish with the ghee.
- For the onions: Carefully slice off the top quarter of each onion and set aside.
- Using a knife, hollow out the middle of each onion, leaving the outer three layers intact.
- For the stuffing: Mix together blue cheese, almond flour, almonds,fresh parsley, crème fraiche, Himalayan salt and black pepper, and spoon into the onions. Put on the tops, place in the roasting dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until soft and cooked, then remove the foil, switch on the grill and grill until golden.
- To serve: Garnish with fresh thyme and serve warm. For more delicious recipes, buy Volume 8 here.