Tuna salad with green beans
You can replace tuna with seared or grilled salmon or yellowtail.
For more delicious recipes buy Volume 1 here
|handful flatleaf parsley|
|500g green beans|
|4x 150g fillets tuna fillets|
|2tbsp avocado oil|
|juice of 1lemon|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp white wine vinegar|
|pinch of white pepper|
- Rub the tuna with 1 tbsp avocado oil and season.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat and sear the tuna for 2 minutes per side. Set aside and cover with foil to rest, then slice.
- For the dressing: Place the vinegar, pepper and capers in a bowl and mix well with a hand- held whisk. Boil the egg for 1 minute. Crack the egg into the bowl and whisk until smooth, scraping any egg from the side of the bowl.
- Continue to whisk while very slowly drizzling 1/3 cup avocado oil into the bowl in a steady stream. The dressing should thicken to a cream-like consistency.
- Blanche the beans for 2-3 minutes. Toss the beans and parsley leaves with the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil and the lemon juice, and divide between 4 plates. Top with sliced tuna and a drizzle of dressing.