Warm Chocolate Custard Pudding
|1 x 400ml tin coconut cream|
|1 tbsp cocoa powder, dissolved in a little warm water|
|100g (chopped) 80% dark chocolate|
|pinch stevia powder|
|2 egg yolks|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 tbsp arrowroot powder, dissolved in 1/4 cup water|
|melted chocolate, pomegranate rubies and toasted hazelnuts, to serve|
- Warm the coconut cream, cocoa mixture, chocolate and stevia in a pot, stirring until the chocolate has melted. Increase the heat and bring to just below boiling point.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks in a bowl with the vanilla until pale and creamy. Slowly add the warm chocolate mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the pot, add the dissolved arrowroot and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
- To serve: Divide the warm pudding between 4 dishes and serve with the suggested toppings.
- Tip: Arrowroot seems like an exotic ingredient but it’s important to use in this recipe because it acts as the thickening agent. It is readily available at most health stores.