Yoghurt-Marinated Chicken with Coriander Sauce
|2 tsp garam masala|
|2 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp tumeric|
|1 fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbsp melted ghee|
|3 long stalks celery|
|1 red onion|
|1/2 cup desiccated coconut|
|30g fresh coriander|
|1 whole chicken|
|1 1/2 cup double cream yoghurt|
- Start by creating your marinade. Mix together the melted ghee with 1 cup of the yoghurt, the paprika, turmeric, garam masala, the juice from the lemon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut your onion into wedges and arrange in a roasting dish with the celery stalks. Top with the chicken, cover the chicken with the marinade and allow to stand for 30–60 min.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roast the chicken for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- For the sauce: Place the coriander, the remaining 1/2 cup of yoghurt, the desiccated coconut and any leftover lemon juice in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- To serve: Carve the chicken into portions and top with sauce.
- For more delicious recipes buy Volume 5 here