Yoghurt quiche with bacon & asparagus
|50g desiccated coconut|
|100g coconut flour|
|50g ground almonds|
|5 extra large eggs|
|fresh herbs, to serve|
|3 x 150g Fairview Full Fat Yoghurt|
|30 grated parmesan cheese|
|250g streaky bacon, cooked until crispy|
|200g mini asparagus spears|
|60g grated cheddar|
|himalayan salt and black pepper|
|3 finely chopped spring onions|
- For the base: Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place dry ingredients in a bowl, add the butter and rub in with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg and mix to form a dough. Wrap the mixture and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Remove and press into the base and sides of 10cm x 33cm loose bottomed quiche tin.
- Cover the base with baking paper and top with baking beans or rice. Bake blind for 20–25 min or until golden, remove from the oven, remove baking paper and allow to cool completely. Reduce heat to 180°C.
- For the filling: In a bowl, whisk together the Fairview Full Fat Yoghurt and 4 eggs, add the spring onions and cheddar and stir until combined, season. Pour half the mixture over the base, top with half the bacon and asparagus, pour over remaining mixture, then arrange remaining bacon and asparagus over the mixture.
- Bake for 40–45 min until golden and firm, remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly.
- To serve: Carefully remove from the tin, top with fresh herbs, slice and serve.
- Tip: The secret to a great quiche is quality ingredients. that's why we prefer Fairview’s Full Fat Yoghurt as it gives this quiche a wonderfully creamy finish that will have your guests asking for more! Alternatively, use a good quality different full fat yoghurt.